REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Country: Kyrgyz Republic
Project: First Phase of the Central Asia Road Links Program (CARs-1), financed by the World Bank
Credit No. : 5340-KG, Grant No.: H9340-KG
Position: Financial Manager
Reference No.: CARs/CS-IC-01
The Kyrgyz Republic received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Central Asia Road Links Program and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The World Bank Investment Projects Implementation Group of the Ministry of Transport and Roads of the Kyrgyz Republic now invites eligible Consultants to express their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The Consulting Services (the Services) include management and control of all activities related to the day-to-day management of World Bank financed CARs project preparation and implementation arrangements on behalf of the Ministry of Transport and Roads of the Kyrgyz Republic, cooperation with the Project team and other concerned stakeholders on behalf of the Ministry of Transport and Roads of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Terms of References are available at www.piumotc.kg.
The WB IPIG requires a Financial Manager to provide consulting services under the CARs-1 Project on behalf of the MOTR.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Higher education in economics, financial management or accounting;
Possession of professional accounting qualifications such as CAP, CIPA is an advantage
• Good knowledge of international accounting standards, related financial policies and procedures of major international investment institutions
• Knowledge of and experience in the WB financial management policies and procedures;
• Knowledge of Kyrgyz national tax legislation and wide experience in preparing financial reports;
• Minimum 5 year work experience as a financial manager or disbursement specialist in investment projects with a good track record, of which at least three years in a World Bank-financed project in the role of the financial manager or disbursement specialist;
• Knowledge of 1С: Accounting software; Good skills in working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
• Proficiency in business written English and fluency in Russian language;
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 and 1.11 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest and eligibility.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the IC (Individual Consulting) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 09:00 to 17:00 hours. Expressions of interest (CV in Russian and English, short
cover letter stating interest and motivation for the application in Russian and English and contact details (phone and/or email) of three references) must be delivered in written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax or by e-mail) by August 10, 2018 at 17:00h (local time) .
Ministry of Transport and Roads of the Kyrgyz Republic
WB Investment Projects Implementation Group (WB IPIG)
Kurmanbek Chimchikov, WB IPIG Director
42 Isanov Street, Bishkek City 720017, Kyrgyz Republic
Tel: +996 312 314275
Upload TERMS OF REFERENCE