REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST KYRGYZ REPUBLIC Central Asia Regional Links Project (CARs-3) Project ID No.: P159220 Consulting Services for Development of a Sustainable Tourism Strategy and Masterplan, including preparation of two local developmenREQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Central Asia Regional Links Project (CARs-3)
Project ID No.: P159220
Consulting Services for
Development of a Sustainable Tourism Strategy and Masterplan,
including preparation of two local development plans
for Aksuu and Tyup districts (concept development of geoparks)
in Issyk-Kul Oblast, as well as a strategic environmental and social assessment
Reference No.: CARS3/CS/QCBS/02/1
1. The Kyrgyz Republic received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of the Third Phase of the Central Asia Regional Links Program (CARs-3) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. One of the components of the Project is Sustainable Tourism Development in Issyk-Kul oblast that envisages the development of a Sustainable Tourism Strategy and Masterplan, including preparation of two local development plans for Aksuu and Tyup districts (concept development of geoparks) in Issyk-Kul Oblast.
2. The consulting services ("the Services") include:
• Development of a Sustainable Tourism Strategy and Masterplan, including application on a pilot basis of Tourism Satellite Accounts (TSA) in Issyk-Kul Oblast.
• Survey in Issyk-Kul oblast to identify the community satisfaction with the sustainable tourism activities.
• Providing planning support for the establishment and development of community-based geoparks in Aksuuand Tyupdistricts, the two eastern districts of Issyk-Kul Oblast, through preparation of geopark design and concept.
• Prepare recommendations on the development of roadside service facilities along the Balykchy-Cholpn-Ata-Karakol-Bokonbaev-Balykchy ring road to identify the possible locations of roadside service facilities.
• Prepare a strategic environmental and social assessment (SESA).Given the whole range of physical-geographical and socio-economic features of Issyk-Kul oblast, the sustainable tourism strategy should be developed taking into account the results of strategic environmental and social assessment (SESA) in accordance with the requirements of the World Bank safeguards policies. The necessity to conduct this assessment is caused by the oblast status of the "biosphere territory" to conserve a number of endemic species of flora and fauna that, in turn, increases the vulnerability to anthropogenic impact and contamination.
For detailed information on the scope of services, the draft TOR for the assignment is available upon request. Subject to adjustments before issuance of the Request for Proposals (RFP).
The Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Kyrgyz Republic now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to express their interest in providing the Services. The interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (company profile, organization and staffing etc.). The shortlisting criteria are:
1. At least 5 years of experience in tourism;
2. At least 5 similar assignments of similar nature in international organizations/projects, funded by international organizations;
3. Experience in the development of master-plan, strategies, government programs for sustainable tourism development at the international level;
4. Previous working experience in CIS; work experience in Central Asia/Kyrgyz Republic is an advantage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 1.9 and 1.11 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 (revised July 2014) ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications (type of association shall be clearly indicated in the proposal). The Consultants may submit their Expressions of Interest as individual firms or associate in the form of joint venture or sub-consultant. All the members of the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire assignment. However, the qualification of the sub-consultant will not be evaluated when forming the shortlist.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality- and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 09-00 to 17-00 hours from Monday until Friday.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by July 9, 2021, 5 p.m..
World Bank Investment Projects Implementation Group (WB IPIG)
Attn: Mr. N. Kayinbaev, Deputy Minister of Transport and Communications of the Kyrgyz Republic
42 Isanov Street, Bishkek
720017, Kyrgyz Republic
Tel: +996 312 314275 Fax: +996 312 314275