REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTERESTREQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Central Asia Regional Links Project (CARs-3)
Project ID No.: P159220
Consulting Services for construction supervision of tourist service centers
Reference No.: CARS3/CS/CQS/04
1. The Kyrgyz Republic received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of the Third Phase of the Central Asia Regional Links Program (CARs-3) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. One of the sub-components of the sustainable tourism development in Issyk-Kul oblast component is the construction of five Tourist Service Centers (TSC) around Issyk-Kul Lake and supervision of the construction works.
2. The consulting services ("the Services") include:
1. Provide assistance at the Contractor selection stage;
2. Supervise construction works in accordance with design and regulatory construction standards, and ensure compliance with environmental and social safeguards, as per required by the World Bank and relevant national legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic
For detailed information on the scope of services, the draft TOR for the assignment is available upon request.
The Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Kyrgyz Republic now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to express their interest in providing the Services. The interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (company profile, organization and staffing etc.). The shortlisting criteria are:
1. At least 5-year experience in conducting supervision in civil construction;
2. Professional experience in supervising the construction of public and civil buildings (at least 3 contracts);
3. Experience in implementing similar assignments for private companies and/or financed by the international financial institutions.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 1.9 and 1.11 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 (revised July 2014) ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications (type of association shall be clearly indicated in the proposal). The Consultants may submit their Expressions of Interest as individual firms or associate in the form of joint venture or sub-consultant. All the members of the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire assignment. However, the qualification of the sub-consultant will not be evaluated when forming the shortlist.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant's Qualification Selection (CQS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 09-00 to 17-00 hours from Monday until Friday.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by January 31, 2023, 5 p.m..
World Bank Projects Implementation Unit (WB PIU)
Attn: Mr. A. Dosaliev, Deputy Minister of Transport and Communications of the Kyrgyz Republic
42 Isanov Street, Bishkek
720017, Kyrgyz Republic
Tel: +996 312 314275