REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES)REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Country: Kyrgyz Republic
Project: First Phase of the Central Asia Road Links Program (CARs-1)
Credit No. : 5340-KG, Grant No.: H9340-KG
Assignment Title: WB IPIG Director
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): CARs/CS-IC-14
The Kyrgyz Republic received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Central Asia Road Links Program and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The World Bank Investment Projects Implementation Group of the Ministry of Transport and Roads of the Kyrgyz Republic now invites eligible individual consultants ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants must provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
WB IPIG is recruiting Director to lead and manage day-to-day administrative and implementation activities related to the Central Asia Regional Links Program (CARs Program) financed by the World Bank on behalf of the MOTR.
The shortlisting criteria:
• Higher education (Master's Degree) in civil engineering, economics, management and other related fields; education in road construction is an asset|;
• General work experience (not less than 7 years) and proven good track record in recent years (not less than 3 years within the past 10 years) in managerial positions in donor-funded projects and/or in governmental organizations interacting with international financial institutions;;
• Proven track record of good knowledge of donors' policies, procedures, and guidelines on procurement, financial management and safeguards, in particular the World Bank's policies, procedures and guidelines;
5 years of recent work experience in the (road) transport sector as well as knowledge of FIDIC and ASSHTO (relevant certificates are an asset) would be an advantage;
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English; fluency in Russian and Kyrgyz;
• Good computer skills, all Microsoft Windows office application.
Detailed Terms of References is available at www.piumotc.kg.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 1.9 and 1.11 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest and eligibility.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the IC method set out in the Consultant Guidelines. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 09:00 to 17:00 hours.
Expressions of interest (CV in Russian and English, short cover letter stating interest and motivation for the application in Russian and English and contact details (phone and/or email) of three references) must be delivered in written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax or by e-mail) by March 15, 2019 at 17:00h (local time).
WB Investment Projects Implementation Group (WB IPIG)
42 Isanov Street, Room 608, 6/F, MOTR
Bishkek City 720017, Kyrgyz Republic
Tel: +996 312 314275
TOR can be loaded here