REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES) Project: Third Phase of the Central Asia Regional Links Program (CARs-3)REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Country: Kyrgyz Republic
Project: Third Phase of the Central Asia Regional Links Program (CARs-3)
IDA Credit No. 6328-KG and IDA Grant No.: D385-KG
Assignment Title: 1) WB IPIG Director 2) Contract Administration Specialist
Reference No: CARs/IOC-01, CARs/IOC-08
The Kyrgyz Republic received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Third Phase of the Central Asia Regional Links Program (CARs-3) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The World Bank Investment Projects Implementation Group (WB IPIG) of the Ministry of Transport and Roads of the Kyrgyz Republic now invites eligible Consultants (the Consultants) to express their interest in providing the Services. The interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The consulting services include management and control over day-to-day administration of all activities related to the preparation and implementation of CARs-3 Project financed by the World Bank, cooperation with the project team and other stakeholders on behalf of the Ministry of Transport and Roads of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The Terms of References are available at www.piumotc.kg.
The WB IPIG needs: 1) WB IPIG Director 2) Contract Administration Specialist to provide consulting services under the implementation of the CARs-3 Project on behalf of the MOTR KR.
1. WB IPIG Director
• Higher education road construction (Bachelor's degree, Master's degree in road construction is an asset);
• General work experience (not less than 10 years) with experience in management, coordination within government or private sector, and supervision of staff
• Minimum 5 years of experience in international or government institutions and/or projects funded by government or international financial institutions;
• Minimum 3 years of experience in managerial positions;
• Proven track record of good knowledge of donors' policies, procedures, and guidelines on procurement, financial management and safeguards, knowledge of the World Bank policies, procedures and guidelines is an asset (certificate);
• Experience in the road sector, government systems and policies, knowledge of FIDIC, GOST and SNiP and possession of relevant certificates is an asset;
• Fluency in Russian and Kyrgyz. Good knowledge of written and spoken English is an asset;
• Good computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Windows office application.
2. Contract Administration Specialist
• Degree in legal, engineering or other relevant disciplines;
• At least 3 year general work experience related to contract administration and management is mandatory;
Working knowledge of procurement practices of national and international standards with an understanding of FIDIC, as well as experience in and knowledge of Multilateral Development Bank (MDBs) contract administration guidelines shall be an asset;
• 3 years relevant work experience in projects financed by international organizations, and/or organizations financed by international donors;
• Completion of professional training, seminars or advanced courses in contract administration; Possession of FIDIC certificate is an asset;
• Adequate knowledge of state language to perform his/her duties;
• Fluency in written and spoken Russian and English language;
• Good computer skills, knowledge of all Microsoft Windows applications.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest and eligibility.
The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the IC method set out in the Consultant Guidelines. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 09:00 to 17:00 hours.
The Expressions of Interest (CV in Russian and English, short cover letter stating motivation and interest in this position in Russian and English and contact details (phone and/or email) of three references must be delivered to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax or by e-mail) by June 17, 2020 at 17:00 (local time).
The Ministry of Transport and Roads of the Kyrgyz Republic
Investment Projects Implementation Group (IPIG)
720017 Bishkek City, 42 Isanov Street,
Tel: +996 312 314275
TOR_WB IPIG Director
TOR_Contract administration specialist