REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST KYRGYZ REPUBLIC Central Asia Regional Links Project (CARs-3) Project ID No.: P159220 Consulting services for review of educational programs of the Kyrgyz Aviation Institute named after I. AbdraimovREQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Central Asia Regional Links Project (CARs-3)
Project ID No.: P159220
Consulting services for review of educational programs of the Kyrgyz Aviation Institute named after I. Abdraimov
Reference No.: CARS3/CS/CQS/1
1. The Kyrgyz Republic received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of the Third Phase of the Central Asia Regional Links Program (CARs-3) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. One of the components of the Project is Aviation Safety and Service Provision.
2. The consulting services ("the Services") include:
1. Development of the Educational Programs in Civil Aviation;
2. Ensuring, jointly with the Institute, the approval of the Programs by the Civil Aviation Authority, and, if necessary, passing by the Institute through certification, licensing and accreditation procedures, at least in that part, which relates to the evaluation of the Programs;
3. Provision of relevant training courses for the Institute's teachers on the application of each of the Programs.
For detailed information on the scope of services, the draft TOR for the assignment is available upon request.
The Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Kyrgyz Republic now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to express their interest in providing the Services. The interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (company profile, organization and staffing etc.). The shortlisting criteria are:
1. At least 5 years of experience in developing and/or evaluation of educational programs of higher or secondary professional education for aviation personnel training).
2. At least 5 years of experience in the application of ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices in the field of aviation personnel training and licensing.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 1.9 and 1.11 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 (revised July 2014) ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications (type of association shall be clearly indicated in the proposal). The Consultants may submit their Expressions of Interest as individual firms or associate in the form of joint venture or sub-consultant. All the members of the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire assignment. However, the qualification of the sub-consultant will not be evaluated when forming the shortlist.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant's Qualification Selection (CQS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 09-00 to 17-00 hours from Monday until Friday.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by July 13, 2021, 5 p.m. The deadline extended till July 20, 2021, 5 pm
World Bank Investment Projects Implementation Group (WB IPIG)
Attn: Mr. N. Kayinbaev, Deputy Minister of Transport and Communications of the Kyrgyz Republic
42 Isanov Street, Bishkek
720017, Kyrgyz Republic
Tel: +996 312 314275 Fax: +996 312 314275