REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST KYRGYZ REPUBLIC Central Asia Regional Links Project (CARs-3) Project ID No.: P159220 Consulting services for reviewing the State Safety Program of the Kyrgyz Republic Reference No.: CARS3/CS/QCBS/03REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Central Asia Regional Links Project (CARs-3)
Project ID No.: P159220
Consulting services for reviewing the State Safety Program of the Kyrgyz Republic
Reference No.: CARS3/CS/QCBS/03
1. The Kyrgyz Republic received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of the Third Phase of the Central Asia Regional Links Program (CARs-3) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. One of the components of the Project is Aviation Safety and Service Provision.
2. The consulting services ("the Services") include:
• General analysis of the SMS and State safety oversight system status of the Kyrgyz Republic.
• Analysis for the existence of a gap between existing and required organizational structures and processes in the civil aviation of the Kyrgyz Republic, which required for the effective operation of the Program and SMS.
• Analysis of the protocol questions of the Universal Safety Oversight Audit Program (USOAP) which are not resolved, and/or pose a safety risk, and concrete requirements, procedures, guidance, recommendations, and other relevant tools of resolving such unresolved questions.
• Development of the Program.
• Preparation of the draft of the regulatory legal act required for the adoption of the Program by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Kyrgyz Republic, including the substantiation note and all other required accompanying documents as required by the standing procedures and requirements of the Law of Kyrgyz Republic "On regulatory legal acts of Kyrgyz Republic"
• Completion, jointly with Client and Civil Aviation Authority, of all procedures of discussion and approval of the draft of the Program (and the draft of the regulatory legal act required for the adoption of the Program), correction of the deficiencies of the Program found during such discussion and approval, and preparation of the final version of the Program to be submitted for the adoption by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Kyrgyz Republic.
For detailed information on the scope of services, the draft TOR for the assignment is available upon request.
The Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Kyrgyz Republic now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to express their interest in providing the Services. The interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (company profile, organization and staffing etc.). The shortlisting criteria are:
1. At least 5 years of experience in in the field of safety, SMS, and development or application of the State Safety Program;
2. At least 5 years of experience in application of ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices in the field of safety, SMS, and development or application of the State Safety Program;
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 1.9 and 1.11 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 (revised July 2014) ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications (type of association shall be clearly indicated in the proposal). The Consultants may submit their Expressions of Interest as individual firms or associate in the form of joint venture or sub-consultant. All the members of the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire assignment. However, the qualification of the sub-consultant will not be evaluated when forming the shortlist.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality- and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 09-00 to 17-00 hours from Monday until Friday.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by July 13, 2021, 5 p.m..
World Bank Investment Projects Implementation Group (WB IPIG)
Attn: Mr. N. Kayinbaev, Deputy Minister of Transport and Communications of the Kyrgyz Republic
42 Isanov Street, Bishkek
720017, Kyrgyz Republic
Tel: +996 312 314275 Fax: +996 312 314275