REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES)REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Country: Kyrgyz Republic
Project: Third Phase of the Central Asia Regional Links Program (CARs-3)
IDA Credit No. 6328-KG and IDA Grant No.: D385-KG
Assignment Title: 1) Financial Manager 2) Road Engineer 3) Contract Administration Specialist 4) Environmental Specialist (with experience in Disaster Risk Management)
Reference No: CARs/IOC-02, CARs/IOC-08, CARs/IOC-09, CARs/IOC-10
The Kyrgyz Republic received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Central Asia Road Links Program and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The World Bank Investment Projects Implementation Group (WB IPIG) of the Ministry of Transport and Roads of the Kyrgyz Republic now invites eligible Consultants (the Consultants) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. The interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The consulting services include management and control over day-to-day administration all activities related to the preparation and implementation of CARs-3 Project financed by the World Bank, cooperation with the project team and other stakeholders on behalf of the MOTR.
The Terms of References are available at www.piumotc.kg.
The WB IPIG is recruiting: 1) Financial Manager 2) Road Engineer 3) Contract Administration Specialist 4) Environmental Specialist to provide consulting services under the implementation of the CARs-3 Project on behalf of the MOTR.
1. Financial Manager
• Degree in economics, financial management or accounting;
Possession of CAP/CIPA certificates is an advantage
• Good knowledge of international accounting standards, related financial policies and procedures of major international investment institutions. Knowledge of and experience in the WB financial management policies and procedures is an asset.
• Knowledge of Kyrgyz national tax legislation and experience in preparing financial reports;
• Minimum 5 years of work experience as a financial manager or disbursement specialist or accountant in investment projects with a good track record, of which at least three years in a World Bank-financed project in the role of the financial manager or disbursement specialist or equivalent. The above work experience in the World Bank and other investment financed projects can be waived for candidates with relevant work experience of at least 3 years at an audit company or with a qualification from an internationally recognized professional accounting institute (CPA, ACCA or equivalent), which is a full member (not associate) of International Federation of Accountants (the list of the members can be found here https://www.ifac.org website).
• Knowledge of 1С (certificate): Accounting software; Good skills in working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
• Fluency in Kyrgyz and Russian languages;
• Proficiency in business written English.
2. Road Engineer
• Degree in road construction;
• General work experience (not less than 5 years) as a road engineer;
• Work experience (not less than 3 years) in international organizations, especially in road projects as a road engineer;
• Working knowledge of procurement practices of national and international standards with an understanding of FIDIC and Kyrgyz Republic legislation on road construction; possession of certificate/license for the road construction supervision;
• Fluency in Russian and Kyrgyz languages;
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English is an asset;
• Good computer skills, all Microsoft Windows office applications.
3. Contract Administration Specialist
• Degree in legal, engineering or other relevant disciplines;
• 5 year general work experience related to contract administration and management;
• 3 years relevant work experience in projects financed by international organizations and/or organizations financed by international donors;
• Completion of professional training, seminars or advanced courses in contract administration;
• Working knowledge of procurement practices of national and international standards with an understanding of FIDIC and Kyrgyz Republic legislation on contracts administration and management. Experience in Multilateral Development Bank (MDBs) contract administration guidelines shall be an asset.
• Adequate knowledge of state language to perform his/her duties
• Fluency in written and spoken Russian and English language;
• Good computer skills, knowledge of all Microsoft office applications
4. Environmental Specialist (with experience in Disaster Risk Management)
• Bachelors or advanced degree in ecology, environmental sciences, allied sciences, or related field;
• Work experience:
• At least 3 years working with international organizations or projects financed by international donors as environmental or safeguards specialist;
• At least an additional 3 years of similar experience with national or private sector organizations;
• Work experience in the implementation and preparation of ESIA/ESMPs;
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the area of Disaster Risk Management;
• Fluency in Russian and Kyrgyz;
• Advanced written and spoken English; and
• Good computer skills, all Microsoft Windows office applications
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest and eligibility.
The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the IC method set out in the Consultant Guidelines. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 09:00 to 17:00 hours.
Expressions of interest (CV in Russian and English, short cover letter stating interest and motivation for the application in Russian and English and contact details (phone and/or email) of three references must be delivered to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax or by e-mail) by March 31, 2020 at 17:00 (local time).
The Ministry of Transport and Roads of the Kyrgyz Republic
Investment Projects Implementation Group (IPIG)
720017 Bishkek City, 42 Isanov Street,
Tel: +996 312 314275
ToR_Contract Administration Specialist
ToR_ Environmental Specialist (with experience in Disaster Risk Management)